You can ignore this article if you consider fast delivery and local sourcing. If you want to improve your business and open up more markets, countless successful practical experience has proved that after more than 40 years of accumulated products made in China is another choice for you. The rapid development of modern logistics can respond to your timely delivery. Today, even if the examination rate of a variety of factors (export clearance, commodity inspection, import clearance, etc.), DHL/UPS can deliver the product you ordered as soon as 4-5 business days (from China to the United States or most of the EU countries).
Whether in China or your country, choosing the right trusted partner is very important, and it takes you a lot of time to constantly test and verify. Looking for Chinese partners requires you to spend more time, avoid language barriers, and consider other links such as logistics and transportation. Perhaps, in your country, you will find that many Chinese-made products are imported from China by other importers, and you will also be one of them (importers) under suitable conditions.
There are already many articles on many platforms and government websites. Please believe this article can add to your experience and find trusted partners in China. Please note the following tips:
First, determine your needs
What kind of supplier (manufacturer, trade supplier, or service supplier) does your demand decide? In different areas, manufacturers, traders, and service providers have a size-specific size. Each company has its positioning, and mature large manufacturers need large MOQ and product category single, and she now has a lot of customers (including VIP). Her current orders have made her no longer able to serve you. A small and medium-sized manufacturer can accept a relatively low MOQ. Product single case can also meet your needs, and capacity will stay the same in the short term (unless especially important to her, future orders can digest increased capacity).
Traders are relatively flexible, can provide multi-category product services, and can meet your different needs MOQ. Service providers with supply chain management capabilities can help you with one-stop work such as design and manufacturing, including choosing the proper manufacturer, quality control, logistics delivery, etc., and even provide you with financial management, all of which cost.
So, according to your actual needs, find suitable business partners. If you find a good partner, congratulations, she will upgrade your business and reduce after-sales service work. If you find a partner unwilling to cooperate, sorry, your business may be affected and may also bring you after-sales problems.
1. Are your requirements individual products or a range of different models? Or multi-category products? Daily civilian products or professional industrial products? Is it a walking product or a consumer product? If it is a daily necessities product, many manufacturers and traders may be operating. Your choice is extensive, like the clothes we wear and daily necessities. Different prices may give you no choice before you see or verify the physical quality of performance. You get low prices and may also have a trap.
Because of these situations, please only pursue low fees if the price is within the acceptable range you can control. Sound quality is a specific price. Of course, good quality will also make your business better and better. Avoiding traps or validation requires you to be more patient and spend a lot of time; In the case of industrial products, the corresponding manufacturers trade a lot less, like lithium batteries, lithium batteries are also a large category, including non-rechargeable six sangifit types of batteries (lithium sulfuryl chloride, lithium manganese dioxide, lithium sulfur dioxide, lithium iron sulfide, lithium copper sulfide, lithium thiacyl chloride battery), rechargeable five significant types of batteries (lithium cobaltate battery, lithium manganese oxide battery, lithium iron phosphate lithium battery, lithium titanate battery, ternary lithium battery), lithium battery technology threshold, capital requirements compared to nickel hydrogen battery, nickel cadmium battery, nickel zinc battery, lead acid battery, dry battery is much higher, manufacturers are much less than commodities, Lead-acid batteries contain heavy metal lead, which is not encouraged in the United States, the European Union and China to phase out the banned batteries; nickel-cadmium batteries contain heavy metal cadmium, which is also discouraged, and are currently reserved for very few applications only in medical and emergency areas; nickel-hydrogen batteries contain no heavy metals, and some areas continue to use it.
As a new energy battery, rechargeable lithium battery has developed rapidly and applied in many fields. Lithium battery technology has been in the hands of Sanyo, Samsung, LG, A123, and other manufacturers from the earliest, to now more and more manufacturers have these technologies. Nevertheless, many new technologies and patents for lithium batteries are still in the hands of these earliest commercial lithium battery development enterprises. You will have no choice of proprietary products, just a few manufacturers’ traders like Boeing and Airbus, which make planes worldwide.
2. the amount you need also affects finding partners. Manufacturers need big MOQ, which means you need longer lead times, more money (even with letters of credit, you need your money, a little more cost, more money control, and safer for you), and your storage space. You can find the proper manufacturer to help OEM your production and paste your logo, like Wal-Mart, if your category is single. The quantity is not up to the manufacturer’s MOQ. You can also increase the unit price to find the manufacturer or the trader if your category is significant. The quantity is small. The best way is to suggest the trader, who will help you do most of the work, such as purchasing manufacturer, quality control, and logistics.
3. the complexity of your product design. If it is a product designed to ensure your intellectual property’s safety, you only need to manufacture it. You can directly find experienced manufacturers or a service provider with supply chain capacity. When the product you want involves product development and manufacturing, it recommends that you find a service provider with experience in supply chain management to help you complete it. After all, the new product from creative to industrial design, structural design, circuit design, outer packaging design, mold design, PCBA processing, prototype production, performance testing, small batch trial production, mass production, functional testing, type testing (type test) is a long process involving multi-partner collaboration.
4. you need the urgency of the time since you choose the supplier in China, believe that they already expect logistics transportation, and can accept the product’s delivery time. The large quantity you will consider shipping by sea can save a lot of logistics costs. Of course, there is a risk. After all, there are 30~40 days. Your goods are all moving on the sea; modern logistics developed, also more express, air, and central Europe train options; if you need fast delivery, you can choose express, which may mean high freight.
Second, search through B2B platforms
Search through B2B platforms such as Google, or Alibaba, Made in China, Global -resource, and Salehoo, but this is incomplete. Since google only has website records, some manufacturers need an English website to do business through traders or agents; in Google search results, you need to spend a lot of time verifying the company’s actual situation. You can combine maps, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media tools, or direct telephone and mail contact. If you have a friend who knows Chinese, he can help you to go to the official business registration website verification, but it is a bit difficult. After all, the English and Chinese names are free translations for those not keen on social media resources promotion customers you can not find.
The B2B platform can find many suppliers of different sizes. Compared to google services, she can help you provide registered and paid-for supplier verification services. Please note that the only validates paid members registered on her platform. If you register as a paid or free member, she can provide you with part of the company information verified by her or a third party. So there are limitations.
Exhibitions or magazine advertisements are also a way to find a small number of partners.
If you attend a local international exhibition, you can also find the manufacturers who come to the show. Only some manufacturers or traders will attend the overseas presentation, but there will be a big MOQ. You will not have international travel expenses, only your time and domestic travel costs. Following an international show will increase your overseas travel costs and time costs, and you will also avoid language barriers and find more manufacturer partners. So there are limitations.
Through your local magazine ads, you may find a small number of advertising promotion supplier partners that can not participate in the exhibition. The network needs to develop and play a considerable role. With the development of the web now, you have more channels to find suppliers, and the advantages of magazine advertising may weaken.
Find his partner through the import data of local importers, government business departments, and customs. This situation suits daily products and could be better for industrial or rare proprietary products. But it will take your time, too. If he has a competition protection agreement, agency agreement, etc., with his partner, his partner may not necessarily support you. As SAFT, FDK, PANASONIC, Samsung in the battery industry… Even if you have a lot of demand, you’ve found their contact information. She still needs to provide you with services. And you will likely contact your local service provider, who will provide you with the related products and services.
Recommend your Chinese partner through a friend you trust because he and his Chinese partner already have a deal, and if he is willing to support you, it may work. In China, it’s possible to recommend each other, and in your country, it will be.
If you already have a Chinese partner and want to start a new business. Ask him to recommend that you can also find a new supplier. Or ask him to help you purchase, do quality control, and do factory inspection on your behalf. You can also save time and expenses. This situation is not suitable for your manufacturer partner, only for the partners with supply chain management services and traders who want to carry out supply chain services. They will have many partners and wish to provide such services to enhance their business. Dragon service has an extreme supply chain capacity and vast service areas. They have successfully served many customers; HJBP’s power history is relatively short, mainly in battery and charger, energy storage power, UPS, and other fields. She is also providing this service.
6. Through social media, such as Facebook and Linkedin. You can also find some partners through keywords and hobby groups; not all Chinese manufacturers and traders will be active on them. The Facebook policy is for individual information release dynamics. The enterprise does not publish on this; LinkedIn, mainly for the business staff platform, has the enterprise home page. These policies may also change with the Facebook and the Linkedin policy adjustment two changes. The network has many articles on this aspect. All need you to discover and try.
Verify & Test your partner
Finding these partners takes a lot of time and effort and doesn’t mean it’s over. Everything’s fine. Then you’ll have to do some work, and through practical communication, you’ll gradually find out if you want the right trusted partner.
Please verify that you find these suppliers very difficult, only through her English company name. You are not easy to see because you need to know her Chinese name, not her local language, and you need to improve at querying. You can not verify through an open official government registration platform. You can only pass through a third-party company or import records in your country. And, of course, you can use google, B2B platforms, and the social media mentioned above to discover their corporate websites. To understand and to draw your judgment from the comments of her existing customers, which are subjective judgments of the hand, not necessarily all for you, but at least to add information to help you make your judgment.
You can contact them by phone or email, phone contact may encounter language communication barriers, but you can judge whether it is true. Email contact can also evaluate whether it is professional and see whether its response time speed is what she said.
3. Test sheet
In the case ok early communication, you can test through small orders. Test its product performance quality, supply chain, logistics delivery speed, communication, and problem-solving ability once there is a quality problem.
It is to find a suitable supplier or partner through the above method. As Mr. Socrates says, “people don’t fall into the same river.” Whether you or your suppliers, partners, or customers are dynamic in real business, raw materials, in-process and finished products are also involved. Modern logistics, financial capital, and social environment, uncontrollable factors may occur, like SARS in China in 2003, Ebola in Africa, and the new crown virus in the global outbreak of 2020,…
There will still be unpleasant things that require both parties or parties involved to communicate promptly, minimize losses, and stand on the positive side to communicate and solve problems. Want to do long-term business, not a last resort, will not break the trust of customers. Once again, I hope you see this article. I hope you find the right trusted partner and reduce your after-sales service problems so your business will improve. And, of course, you’re welcome to connect with us and be our VIP.